About the Data Visualization Studio (DVS)
The Data Viz Studio is a space where students and faculty can discover and learn how to present their data in beautiful and meaningful ways. Come for consultations, workshops, ideation sessions, and group or individual tutorials on all things covering data visualization, design, interaction, and communicating information graphically. We also offer guides of how to use some of our most popular software, linked here.
In short, we can help make your graphs, tables, infographics, and more look nice.
What We Offer:
- Walk-in assistance
- Having a problem, quick question, or want advice? Pop in during our open hours and a trained student will be happy to help.
- Visualization consultation
- Know you need a specific visual for a class presentation, poster, dissertation, or more? We can set up an appointment and prepare some options to best help you show off your data. To set an appointment please email the studio.
- Software training
- Want to learn Tableau Desktop or Prep? Email and set up a meeting with one of our students
- Viz prototyping
- Have data you need to show off, but don’t know the best way? We can help come up with feasible ideas that will represent your story well!
- Want to explore on your own
- Data Visualization Guides These guides contain a lot of great resources to start learning about the programs we use regularly
Below are the workshops being offered by or in conjunction with the Data Viz Studio. All will be offered in Newman Library in the Athenaeum. This can be found on the first floor past the bathrooms.
If you are interested in attending any of the workshops please sign up with this workshop scheduling site. If you are faculty or staff interested in NLI credit please sign up on the Professional Development page.
- Fundamentals of Data Visualization with Tableau Desktop: February 6th 10am-11:30am
- Introduction to Dataset Modifications with Tableau Prep: February 20th 10am-11:30am
- Intermediate Data Visualization with Tableau Desktop: March 6th 10am-11:30am
- During exam schedule we are open by appointment. Please email us to set up a time!
or stop by Newman Library, Room 2030