About the 3D Design Studio
The 3D Design Studio provides free 3D printing, workshops, and 3D design & printer consultation for all library patrons. Whether you’re a total beginner working on an academic pursuit or a 3D pro looking to prototype and iterate, we are happy to help you bring your ideas to life. Our service is open to all patrons of the University Libraries, regardless of skill level or field of study. We make 3D printing work for you.
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Friday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday: 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- The Studio will accept file submissions until 9PM on Reading Day, December 6 2018. We will be open for pick-up during our regular hours over exam week.
The 3D Design Studio includes:
- 12 FDM printers (fused deposition modeling)
- 2 resin SLA printers (stereolithography)
- Trained staff to help you.
or stop by Newman Library, Room 2010
Did You Know?
- We are hiring! Fill out the application form and email 3DStudio@vt.edu for more information.
- The 3D Design Studio is also home to a slowly growing number of PLA Elephants.
- The studio prints enough plastic to make 826 footballs!
- We offer workshops on 3D printing. Contact 3DStudio@vt.edu for more information.
- The Studios Network offers tours of all of our spaces, including the 3D Design Studio! Fill out this form to take a tour.