About the Media Design Studios
The Media Design Studios are spaces for members of the Virginia Tech campus community to create or co-create various types of media, including video, audio, and other multimedia. Use our variety of hardware, software, and spaces to create media on your own or with help from our staff. Have a project for the studio? Book equipment, time in the Studios, or a sound booth by clicking Book Equipment/Spaces.
The Media Design Studios include:
- Staff to help you
- 4k Video Recording Capabilities
- Various types of audio and video equipment to borrow
- Workstations to create videos, edit audio, and design interactive presentations
- Large Learning Glass setup
- 6ft x 6ft ADA-Compliant Sound Booths
Studio A offers technology lending and seven iMac workstations for media creation. See the full list of available hardware and software on the Studio A page.
- Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday – Sunday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Studio B is a bookable space where you can record videos, record audio or music in our WhisperRoom sound booth, and edit and produce your project on our PC or iMac workstations. See the full list of available hardware and software on the Studio B page.
- Monday – Friday 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Did you know?
- The Studios Network offers tours of all studios, including Media Design spaces. Fill out this form to take a tour.
- You can rent board games like Settlers of Catan, Azul, and more at Media Design Studio A!
- Media Design Studio B hosts #VTDITC Studio Hours on Fridays from 2pm – 4pm!