About the Virtual Environments Studio
The Virtual Environments Studio is a place for students, faculty, and patrons to experience virtual reality in a relaxed setting without having any prior knowledge of the technology. We provide the hardware and software for games, movies, artistic experiences, and educational content. Reserve your time to come and play or to test out your own prototype projects.
Monday – Sunday 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Booking now available!
or stop by Newman Library, Room 4020
The Virtual Environments Studio includes:
- Multiple virtual reality and augmented reality headsets and accessories, including the Oculus Rift (with Touch controllers), the HTC Vive Pro, Oculus Go, Samsung Odyssey, and Lenovo Mirage.
- Powerful Gaming PCs capable of running lag-free VR experiences. The studio has a Dell PC with a 6-core Xeon processor and nVidia GTX 1080ti graphics card.
- Various VR and AR experiences for patrons to play with, including games, artistic experiences, movies, music videos, educational content, and data visualization software.
- Motion capture suit to record movements.
Did you know?
- We have themed walk-in Theatre Nights for quick VR experiences.
- It’s common for people to try to sit on virtual furniture – stay aware of your surroundings!
- The Studios Network offers tours of all studios, including Virtual Environments Studio. Fill out this form to take a tour.